Tuesday 24 February 2015

  

The Writing Process: 

Wendy’s Newsletter No. 1February 22nd 2014 

Hello all you writerly and readerly people...
Welcome, writers and readers all, to my brand new Newsletter.   Here in my first Weekly Newsletter. In this  I hope to share with you the inspirations, aspirations, ideas, methods and processes that have kept me loving my writing process and enjoying some success with people out there who have loved it too, during readings and writing workshops during the last twenty years.  
            I  have an idea that this might work for you too.
  Every day some new writing. So easy to sit down at the keyboards or with notebook in hand. Still, I find writing  anything but routine.  I am truly astonished at articles and blog posts that say what a dreadful toil the writing process.
           Every day, with writing at the core of my life, I discover things about myself I never knew before. I would argue with the rather widespread notion of writing as therapy, but I have no doubt that writing every day has a therapeutic effect.
         Every day produces something new: a new idea, a new approach to writing, to reading, to
Francine, my writer-  heroine in

WRITING AT THE MAISON BLEUE
researching and reviewing. One day we are inspired by someone who turns present day despair about publishing into the personal adventure of independent publishing. Another day we meet  a new contact who urges us to try a new thing- this Newsletter for instance.
         Another day we read an article that takes away the mystique of something that has seemed difficult. For me last week it was learning how to free-hand design the cover for my new novel Writing at the Maison Bleue for Kindle  That was fun. Then the design for the paperback was - as you see on my blog -  an entirely  different kettle of fish.  
           It is happening all the time. This  week I was excited when a writer friend discovered an image on the Internet that will change the whole direction of her novel.
          No wonder after all this time I still continue to love my writing processes and I hope that this newsletter will inspire you to love yours. It is entirely about the process – not some distant dream of publication, fame or fortune. Just love your writing and your life will be truly enhanced.   
Next week – fun ways of finding your unique  writing voice... 
 In the meantime - happy reading, happy writing, happy living. happy loving..

Wendy
  
PS If I have not yet added you to my Newsletter List, just email me here and I will do that for you.
OR you could subscribe  email - subscribe@wendyrobertson.com .
OR email me direct at
wendy@wendyrobertson.com and I will add you to my lest.
PPS I’ll let you into a secret. My long term plan is to offer this Newsletter to my writing and reading friends weekly until February 2016. After that (fingers crossed) I will combine my feelings about these  processes, ideas and inspirations in a book to be called 
The Determined Butterfly.
Between you and me, I have this idea that I would like to incorporate in that book any inspirations YOU may have regarding the Writing Process and its inspirations and ideas. Let me know. Wx

The Insomniac and the Night Box
·          

 
Available on Kindlo now
and in Paperback from May 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment